What do realtors, lawyers, and Wedding Planners have in common? They all have to market their personal name as much as their business. Sure, all of these professionals could work with a large corporation and the marketing just kind of tends to itself with the internal marketing staff at hand but for those who are brave enough to go at it alone, they must rely on marketing themselves and creating a personal brand.
Here are a few simple and digestible tips for your to consider as you define your personal marketing efforts:
- Your marketing should focus less on you and more on your clients.
- You need to humanize your brand, don’t rule out personality in favor of leaning to the strict professional side and risk coming off stale and generic.
- Whenever possible, find ways to apply marketing automation to save you time while increasing the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Allow your personality to show to help reflect an authentic brand.
- Don’t forget a great picture of yourself. People expect to know who the face is thanks to social media, demonstrate visual trust by including your image where appropriate.
Do you have tips that have worked well for you as you’ve continued to grow? I’d love to hear!
To get more tips like this, be sure to sign up for my newsletter. I promise I’ll never spam you or overstay my welcome in your inbox.