Have you ever struggled to know if a campaign has worked for you? Do you struggle to figure out where your clients come from? These are important things to know and define for your business. Here are a few ways you can track your marketing efforts:
- Google Analytics: Make sure it is installed properly so you are able to track links that you put out into the world and then be able to review their success.
- Direct Mail: Use a unique URL that you ask recipients to visit to learn more or get special offer. Track that URL to see how many people followed your call to action.
- Location Based Brochures: Use a specific phone number on the brochure that is only listed on that specific brochure offering, track those calls.
- Offer Codes: Vary your special offer codes in order to track where the most uses are coming from to help better plan future campaigns.
- Ask! Sometimes the hardest thing to do is simply ask where they heard about you, your business or your service. After you ask, you might find you can follow up with a referring outlet and thank them for their word of mouth and offer continued incentives for referrals.
Where you are putting your effort, make sure to put your attention into making sure you can track it.